Love Serving Autism, the non-profit organization providing specialized therapeutic programs focusing on tennis in Florida and beyond, is offering several in-person and virtual classes for autistic players in the coming months. The organization offers tennis, communication and life skills for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders and developmental challenges.
- Mar. 17 – Apr. 21 – Pensacola, Roger Scott Tennis Center
- Mar. 19 – Apr. 23 – Boca Raton, Patch Reef Park Tennis Center (11 & up)
- Mar. 20 – Apr. 24 – Boca Raton, Patch Reef Park Tennis Center (10 & under)
- Mar. 21 – May 2 – Orlando, Gooding Todero Academy
- Mar. 27 – May 1 – Plantation, Frank Veltri Tennis Center
- Mar. 29 – May 17 – Sunrise, JAFCO Children’s Ability Center
- Apr. 8, Apr. 22 – Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens Tennis Center (Adult Program)
- Apr. 9 – May 14 – Wellington, Wellington Tennis Center
- Apr. 17 – May 22 – Greenacres, Samuel J. Ferrari Community Park
- Apr. 17 – May 22 – St. Petersburg, Bardmoor Golf & Country Club
- Apr. 30 – Jun. 4 – Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens Tennis Center
For more information about these programs, registration information and the latest program offerings, please visit the LSA Program Registration page.
— Love Serving Autism (@LSAAutismTennis) April 4, 2021
Along with on-court opportunities, Love Serving Autism has also continued offering weekly virtual classes on Zoom. LSA’s virtual tennis classes are designed to not only be fun, but also to promote health and safety for families with the addition of structured social and recreational activities that can be easily included in their daily routine. The online adaptive tennis classes include greetings, character development traits, warm-up exercises, stretching, hand-eye skills, stroke production and a group cheer.
For more information on how to register for the virtual tennis classes and for the latest upcoming virtual events, please visit LSA Zoom Classes.