January 21st, 2018
UF, FSU, FIU, USF, UNF, UCF, Miami in ITA Kick-Off Tennis Regionals
The 10th ITA Division I Kick-Off Weekend will take place on Jan. 26-29, 2018 at 15 men’s and 15 women’s campus sites across the country. Four teams will compete in each region, and the winners of the single-elimination event advance to next month’s ITA Division I National Team Indoor Championships.
The University of Florida is the lone Florida school playing host, in both women’s and men’s play, ranked No. 1 and No. 14 respectively.
Below are the Florida schools competing at four-team regionals (host team listed first, rankings in parenthesis):
(1) Florida, Louisiana-Monroe, Marshall, Cal State Fullerton
(4) Vanderbilt, (30) Florida State, (41) Virginia, Nebraska
(7) Texas Tech, (42) Florida International, Wichita State, Saint Mary’s (CA)
(9) Georgia Tech, (37) Denver, (45) Dartmouth, South Florida
(14) Auburn, (25) Miami, (46) UC Santa Barbara, Tulane
(4) Ohio State, Tulsa, North Florida, Yale
(5) UCLA, (33) Central Florida, (45) Utah State, UC Davis
(9) Baylor, (31) Florida State, (41) Purdue, UNLV
(14) Florida, (23) South Florida, Pepperdine, South Alabama
Host sites for Kick-Off Weekend were determined using the final 2016-17 Oracle/ITA Collegiate Tennis Rankings. A draft was held to fill the No. 2-4 seeds at all locations, using the final national team rankings as a guide to determine draft order.
Opening round contests at each location pits the No. 1 seed versus the No. 4 seed, and the No. 2 seed against the No. 3 seed. The two winners advance to the following day’s championship match, while the two losing teams will square off in a consolation match.
For more info go to www.itatennis.com/Events/Kick-OffWeekend.htm.