September 21st, 2021
Collegiate Exposure Camp to be held at USTA National Campus in December
The USTA National Campus will host the Collegiate Exposure Camps group later this year to bring competitive youth players the opportunity to train with college coaches.
The goal of the two-day camp, to be held Dec. 11-12, 2021, is to continue developing players while exposing them to a competitive college tennis environment. While technique will be evaluated and addressed, the aim of the camp is to focus on how to play and how best to prepare for collegiate tennis.
Some camp highlights include:
- 11.5 hours of on-court collegiate style practices and match play
- On court instruction and interaction exclusively with college coaches
- Exposure and networking with college coaches
- Fine-tuning skills and learning singles and doubles strategy specific to college tennis
- In-class seminars to motivate and educate players on how to prepare for college tennis
- T-shirt, prizes and more
Camp participants will receive on-court instruction and training from college coaches representing schools from around the country. The coaching staff for the camp will include coaches from:
- University of Pennsylvania – David Geatz, Head Men’s Coach
- Boston University – Marc Maloney, Assistant Women’s Coach
- Trinity College (CT) – Lori Shulman, Head Men’s and Women’s Coach
- Fordham University – Mike Sowter, Head Women’s Coach
- University of Mary Washington – Matt Brisotti, Head Women’s Coach
- Drew University – Scott Veith, Head Men’s Coach
- Lubbock Christian University – Jason Speegle, Head Men’s and Women’s Coach
- Missouri Valley College – Ryan Carney, Head Men’s and Women’s Coach
Tuition for the camp is $800. Youth players in grades 8 through 12 are eligible to register. Registration will remain open until the camp is filled.
Collegiate Exposure Camps (CEC) was founded by Tarek Merchant, a former college tennis player (Jacksonville University Class of 2006). Tarek has handed the reigns of camp operations over to long-time college coach Ryan Carney. Coach Carney is entering his 19th season as a college head coach and currently serves as the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach at Missouri Valley College. As the Camp Director, Coach Carney strives to put together an outstanding group of college coaches to run Collegiate Exposure Camps. As a long time college coach, he takes great pride in directing a camp “taught exclusively by college coaches”. For more information about Collegiate Exposure Camps (CEC), click here.