There are leagues available for all ages and skill. We are here to help you get started and find a team today!
For 35 years USTA Florida has been providing adult team competition throughout the state. Whether it’s local, sectional, or national level competition we have a league option for you.
Getting started with USTA Florida Leagues is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Download the Player Guide Handbook – This comprehensive guide contains all of the information Florida players need to get started and compete in USTA Florida Leagues.
- Find a League. USTA Florida offers a variety of leagues throughout Florida. Use our Local League Coordinator Directory to find leagues that are forming in your area.
- Become a USTA Member. If you are not a USTA Member already, click the link above to join today!
- Self Rate. USTA Florida Leagues NTRP rating program so teams and players are competing against other of equal levels. Players just beginning must self-rate by clicking the link above and answering just a few short questions. (Already have a rating? Skip to step 3.)
A common question for new players joining USTA League is: “What level of play do I sign up for?”
To help guide you through this process, the USTA uses the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) for determining levels of competition for USTA League.
Adult & Mixed
USTA Florida Adult Men/Women, and Mixed Doubles leagues offer local league competition for a variety of ages and ratings while also providing the opportunity to advance to the next level of competition.
Adult Men & Women
Adult Leagues are for men and women 18 years of age or older, with Sectional Championship layers culminating in a chance to compete for a National Championship for most age brackets.
USTA Florida offers the following Adult Men & Women Leagues:
- Adult 18 & Over
- Adult 40 & Over
- Adult 55 & Over
- Adult 65 & Over*
Mixed Doubles Leagues are for men and women 18 years of age or older, with Sectional Championship layers for most age brackets culminating in a a chance to compete for a National Championship.
USTA Florida offers the following Mixed Leagues:
- Mixed 18 & Over
- Mixed 40 & Over
- Mixed 55 & Over*
*Does not advance to a National Championship
Combo & Tri-Level
USTA Florida also offers other doubles league formats that provide for a Sectional Championship but do not advance to a National Championship.
Combo men and women doubles teams use the combined NTRP rating of each partner. Teams compete locally with the top teams advancing to the Sectional Championship.
USTA Florida offers the following Combo Leagues:
- Combo 18 & Over
- Combo 50 & Over
If you want to play with friends but are all at different NTRP levels or if you are having a hard time getting enough people together to form a team, Tri-Level is for you. Play doubles with your friends, while on a team consisting of 3 or more NTRP levels.
USTA Florida offers a Sectional Playoff each year for Tri-Level teams.
Section & National Championships
Each year the best recreational teams in the state face off in a celebration of tennis competition. New champions are crowned, new friendships are born, and (in most leagues) the winners move on to compete in the National Championships.
- Download the Player/Captain Guide
- Appealing Your Rating
- Grievance Procedures
- Florida Championship Schedule 2015
- National Championship Schedule 2015
- USTA National Regulations 2015
- USTA Florida Section Regulations 2015
- Un-Officiated Matches Handbook
- Un-Officiated Matches Handbook (Spanish)
- Friend At Court
- Captain Of The Month
- Nominate a Captain Of The Month