The Nominating Committee of the USTA Florida Section is pleased to present the following nominees for positions on the Board of Directors for consideration. If elected, they will serve two years beginning at the Annual Meeting in November 2020 and ending at the Annual Meeting in 2022.
President: Dana Andrews, Tampa (Region 3)
- Past Experience: President-Elect, Board of Directors; Councils/Committees: Grievance Chair, Budget & Finance Committee, Bylaws/Governance Committee, Junior Competition Committee, USTA Florida Section Foundation; Other: Annual Meeting Project Team
President-Elect: Phil Girardi, Treasure Island (Region 3)
- Past Experience: Treasurer, Secretary, Board of Directors, Director at Large; Councils/Committees: Collegiate, Recreation Chair & Member, Nominating, Adult Council Chair; Other: District 12 Director, Clinician, District CTA Board Member
Treasurer: Marcelo Gouts, Orlando (Region 4)*
- Past Experience: Secretary, Board of Directors, Director at Large; Other: Hispanic Outreach Project Team, Numerous roles in the community including involvement with Kids Play Days, 10 and Under Tennis, Tennis Festivals and Junior Team Tennis. Operates multiple tennis facilities in the Orlando area.
Secretary: Adam Ross, Plantation (Region 8)*
- Past Experience: Board of Directors, Director at Large; Councils/Committees: Grievance Committee, Volunteer Committee, Nominating Committee, League Committee, Awards Committee; Other: Regional Representative
Section Delegate: Clark Higgs, Clearwater (Region 3)
- Past Experience: President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Board of Directors; Councils/Committees: Nominating, Budget & Finance Committee, Leagues Committee Chair & Member; Other: Mentor, Adult League Coordinator, Suncoast Tennis Foundation BOD (formerly)
Director at Large: Mary Conaway, Naples (Region 7)*
- Past Experience: USTA Florida Section Foundation Board of Directors (Vice President), Foundation Nominating Committee Chair; Other: Leadership Academy
Director at Large: Rita Dotson, Pensacola (Region 1)**
- Past Experience: Board of Directors, Director at Large; Other: Special Olympics Coordinator, ROGY provider, JTT provider, Youth Coordinator- Region 1, Founder & President- Tennis-4-Everyone, Inc., Director of Junior Tennis at Roger Scott Tennis
Director at Large: Chuck Gill, Wellington (Region 6)**
- Past Experience: Board of Directors, Director at Large, Vice President, USPTA National President; Other: Annual Meeting Project Team, 10 and Under Task Force, Tournament Director, USPTA National & USPTA Florida BOD
Director at Large: Delise O’Meally, Orlando (Region 4)**
- Past Experience: Board of Directors, Director at Large, Other: USTA Florida tennis parent; Executive Director, National Consortium for Academics and Sports; Executive Director, Institute for Sport and Social Justice; Secretary General, US International University Sport Federation
*Nominee will be serving first term.
**Nominee will be serving second term.
According to the USTA Florida Bylaws, the President, President-Elect and Section Delegate may only serve one term in that office. USTA Florida Bylaws allow for Directors at Large to serve a maximum of three consecutive terms.
We respectfully request the support of all member clubs, schools, and/or associations for this slate of Officers and Directors at Large.
To view the full 2021-2022 USTA Florida Board of Directors Slate, click here.