May is National Tennis Month! To build on the momentum our sport has seen in the last two years, USTA Florida would like to partner with Community Tennis Associations (CTAs), National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTLs) chapters and public facilities to provide a one-time, $200 reimbursement grant for the first 15 tennis organizations running approved Tennis Month events this May. This opportunity will not only help promote tennis in your local community but also drive potential players/members to your organization.
In order to receive these funds being offered, please complete this application by Sunday, April 24. Information on requirements and accountability are included in the application, and our team may follow up to request more information as needed.
To be approved, this event must:
- take place during May 2022
- include at least 20 participants
- demonstrate commitment to diversity
- show creativity or a dedication to the theme of Tennis Month, for example:
- Set up fun “try it” tennis opportunities with mini nets in parking lots at places like bars/restaurants with outdoor patios, coffee shops, festivals, sporting events, big box stores (Home Depot, Grocery Stores, etc.)
- Have a “Hit with the High School Team” night for middle-schoolers and elementary school aged kids. Play mixed doubles, run drills, games, etc.
- Host an Intergenerational Round Robin: include grandparent events where grandparents with youth 10 and younger come out and play fun games against other folks on the shorter courts.
- Have a Jamboree: Come hit and play games (think community carnival meets tennis).
- Adopt a school and plan to host a tennis event with them.
- Hold a bring-a-friend day for a free open drill session.
- Hold a “Serving for a Purpose” JTT charitable event with donations being made to a charity in lieu of a fee.
As you begin to plan your event(s), please refer to marketing materials and other helpful information here.