Qualified winners will be eligible to advance to the 2021 National 50 and Over NTRP Championships in the following divisions.
- Men’s Singles – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5,
- Men’s Doubles – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
- Women’s Singles – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
- Women’s Doubles – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Flight play for singles will be one day
Flight play for doubles will be one day
SCORING FORMAT – SHORT SCORING WILL BE USED
- Best of 3 short sets.
- First to 4 games wins the set.
- No-ad scoring will be used. At 3 points all, next point wins the game. The receiver chooses which side the point is played.
- TIEBREAKER AT 3 GAMES ALL:
- TIEBREAKER – First to 5 points. 2 points serving each (starting deuce side).
- Change ends once only after 4 points.
- If tiebreaker reaches 4-4, it’s “next point wins” the set.
- Players do not change ends at 4-4.
ROUND ROBIN PLAY WILL BE USED IN ALL DIVISIONS. ALL DIVISIONS NEED A MINIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS FOR SINGLES AND 3 TEAMS FOR DOUBLES IN ORDER TO BE PLAYED.
Players with self ratings “S” and Mixed ratings “M” do not qualify and will not be allowed to enter the 2020 USTA Florida NTRP 50 Plus Championships.
ADVANCING TO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS*
Only players with a 2017, 2018, 2019 computer generated year end rating which includes a “C” rating, a “T” rating or an “A” rating.
Player Selection Type
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.