Know Before You Go
Please keep in mind that due to current circumstances, this is a very fluid time and while we intend to hold the tournament, like many others, it may have to be cancelled. We will do our best to keep you informed.
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic and suspension of play, all the qualifying tournaments have been cancelled. This year, we will have an Open selection process taking the first 32 Boys and first 32 Girls to register.
When you register on Tennis Link, your registration will be tagged with a time and date stamp indicating the date and time of your registration. This will determine the first 32 players in each division. The alternate list will be set using the same method, based on the time and date stamp.
Please review the USTA Florida tournament safety guidelines prior to the tournament.
National Campus Guidelines
The USTA National Campus has a instituted a number of safety precautions for the well-being of guests and employees.
Players and guests will be required to complete the Health Questionnaire prior to entering the Campus EACH day.
Please review the other guidelines prior to the tournament.
Entries Open: August 17, 2020
Player Entry Deadline: September 15th, 2020
Entry fee provides:
- Awards for winner and finalist team participants
- Athletic trainer
Entry Fee: $75.75 per player
Check back for recommended hotels, rates, and to book your room. For questions or issues please contact USTA Travel at:
Phone: (844) 932-8782
Player Selection & Schedule
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration. Schedule will be posted in TennisLink.
The schedule of play for the day will be set on a T.V. screen at the Tournament Administration building and due to safety protocols, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the “Not Before Time” indicated. What this means is that if you see your name on the screen and it says Start Time Not Before 9:30, please arrive at 9:15. You will see your court assignment on the screen and can go directly to your assigned court.
General & Match Play Information
Rain Date (if necessary): In the case the event were to be rained out, we will be unable to reschedule this event.
Tournament Director: Thad Hawkes (USTA Florida)
Tournament Administrator: Tim Pleasant (USTA National Campus)
Head Referee: Kathy Barnard
Youth Progression: ALL Players will receive Youth Progression credits for this event.
- We will use a “Compass Draw” of 32 players.
- This will guarantee each player 4 matches.
- The scoring format is 2 of 3 short sets to 4 with a tie-breaker to 7 at 4 games all and the third set is a 10 point tie-breaker.
- All players will play 3 matches on Day 1.
Here is a Compass Draw:
- USTA Florida DOES NOT have 10 & Under Rankings
- We will utilize several factors just as we have in past years
- Head-to-Head results
- We do our best to make the seeding as accurate and fair as possible so we ask for your understanding here.
- Best 2 out of 3 Short Sets to 4
- Win the set either 5-3 or play a 7 point tie breaker at 4-4
- 10 points tie breaker for the 3rd set
- 3 minute rest break if split sets. Coaching is allowed during that break time.
Schedule of Play: Unless there is rain, the schedule of play will be . . .
- Saturday will have 3 rounds for Boys and Girls
- Sunday will have at least 1 round
- Main Draw finals will have Chair Umpires
Umpires: There are roving umpires present at all championship sites. Roving umpires may be positioned inside the fenced areas and will interfere with play as little as possible. Players should be encouraged to play tennis without the need for umpires to be present. In the case of disputed calls and upon the request of the player, a roving umpire may be requested to observe a portion of the match.
Practice Courts: No practice courts available at any time.
Court Surface: Team USA Hard Courts
Coaching: No coaching allowed.
Water: There are “No Touch” water stations located throughout the Team USA courts where we will be playing so you can refill water jugs there. Ice will also be available.
Food Service: The “Court side Café will be open both days for food purchases.
Trainer: There will be a trainer on-site to assist with athletic injuries. They will have access to ice.
Awards: Winners and Finalists will receive awards and have individual pictures taken.
- Awards will be given out for 1st through 6th place
- Each player will receive the annual “Qualifying Medallion”.
Connect With Us