The USTA Florida “Bobby Curtis” Sectional Championships represents some of the best junior tennis players in the strongest of the 17 USTA Sections!
Teams & Residency
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Looking for a partner?Find A Partner
*Players and their parents are required to be permanent residents of Florida in order to be eligible for this level tournament. Paperwork (as per the link) proving the parents and player are permanent residents must be RECEIVED in the USTA Florida office and APPROVED three weeks from the start date of the Level 3, 4, or 5 tournamentFlorida Residency Information
Tournament Director: Jason Gilbert
Referee: Sandi Pardon
- Early Check in and Player Party is available Friday the 14th from 4:00pm to 7:30pm.
- Check in is also available Saturday morning.
Practice Courts: Practice courts are available Friday from 3:00pm to 7:30pm Friday the 14th at the USTA National Campus on a first come/first serve basis.
Format of Play:
- Players should report to the tournament desk 10 minutes prior to their scheduled match start time prepared to play.
- Both doubles partners should check in together.
- Both winners and losers report back to the tournament desk immediately after the match with the winner returning the match balls.
- Warm-up period is 5 minutes.
- All practice serves are to be taken during this warm-up period.
- A player should not practice service returns while another player is practicing their serves.
- Same Gender Doubles is full 2 out of 3 sets with no add scoring (receiving team chooses who receives the deciding point) and with a match tie break in lieu of a 3rd set.
- Same gender doubles will have 32 draw Feed-in-Consolation through the Round of 16 where the quarterfinals losers feed into a separate bracket.
- Mixed Doubles is 8 game pro set with no ad scoring (Gender serves to Gender) and with a match tie break played at 7 all.
- Mixed doubles will be single elimination 32 draw
We’ll be keeping an eye out and you might just get featured on our Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook! Plus we’ll be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for players who display great sportsmanship throughout the tournament.
- Saturday (September 15th) “Matching Outfits Day” – Match your partner’s tennis wear
- Sunday (September 16th) “Crazy Sock Day” – Wear your craziest socks
Draws & Results
Player lists, draws, and results will be available on Tennislink. Click the button below to go there now.Draws & Results On TennisLink
Each doubles team must have both players register online individually with their partner. If you registered and don’t see your partner registered with you, remind them that both of you need to register. Team will not be selected if both players are not entered.
Players may only enter mixed doubles in the same division they are playing same gender doubles . For example If you are playing Boys or Girls 12s same gender doubles you cannot enter 14s mixed and vice versa . Mixed doubles results do not count for ranking points .
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, September 02, 2018 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
*ALL competing players must complete the USTA National Campus waiver form prior to the tournament
Click the button below for recommended hotels, rates, and to book your room. For questions or issues please contact Anthony Travel at:
Phone: (844) 932-8782
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgReserve Your Room
Connect With Us
#BobbyCurtis2018Download the USTA Florida Mobile App