Sectional Regulations Team Eligibility 2.03A: The minimum number of required team members in the Adult 55 & Over Sectional Championship is six (6). All teams MUST have 6 eligible team members to combine and compete for their FIRST scheduled Invitational match. This requirement cannot be waived. Entry fees will not be refunded to teams that withdraw after the tournament schedule is first published.
Know Before You Go
Play will be 3 days per Division and the format will be 3 Doubles.
- October 9-11, 2020 – Women’s 8.0 Only
- October 10-12, 2020- Women’s 6.0, Men’s 8.0
Tournament play will follow the USTA Florida Leagues Safe Play Guidelines. All players and guests will be required to follow the USTA National Campus Guidelines while on site. Click the buttons below to review each.
ALL GUESTS MUST FILL OUT A HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE EACH DAY BEFORE ENTERING THE CAMPUS.
Team Entry Deadline: September 30, 2020 (Minimum of 6 players registered)
- $35.00 per player
- Players may register electronically throughout the event. However, players registering after 9:00am Thursday October 8, 2020 will NOT receive player T-Shirt or Raffle prize entry. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Entry fee provides:
- Player T-Shirt
- Awards for winner and finalist team participants
- Athletic trainer
USTA Travel is the exclusive accommodations provider for the USTA National Campus.
We’ve made it easy for you to reserve rooms with great rates and in the best locations.
For any questions, please contact a member of the USTA Travel team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team List & Schedules
Schedule will be posted in TennisLink no later than Friday October 2, 2020.
Click the buttons below for the team lists and schedules.
Team Captain Phone Conference:
A Phone conference will be scheduled for:
- Tuesday October 6th, 2020 at 2:00PM (Eastern Time).
If you are not able to attend the 2pm call, there will be a video recording of the call information available upon request.
A call-in number will be sent to the captain under separate email. A team captain or team representative MUST attend the meeting. Captains are responsible for understanding the procedures discussed at the meeting regardless of attendance. Please take notes.
Team Captain Check-in:
Friday, October 9th, 2020 W8.0 ONLY
Saturday, October 10,2020 for W6.0, M8.0
- Information will be shared with the captains and players prior to arrival. It is imperative that all are read and understood, as many processes and procedures have changed due to COVID 19 for safety purposes.
- USTA National Campus
- Check In will begin at 6:45 AM.
- Captain’s will receive their team members t-shirts (no exchange of sizes except for USTA Florida errors), Captains booklet, paper copy of team schedule with court assignments, line-up cards, and raffle tickets.
- Please check-in at least 45 minutes before your FIRST scheduled match time.
General & Match Play Information
Rain Date (if necessary): Tuesday October13, 2020
Tournament Director: Desirae McLaughlin
Scoring:Section Reg 2.03C Scoring, Rest and Suspended Play. All matches played at the USTA Florida Sectional Championships shall be the best of two tiebreak sets with a set tiebreak (using the Coman tiebreak procedure) at 6-all. In the event of split sets, a match tiebreak (using the Coman tiebreak procedure) shall be played in lieu of a third set. No coaching is allowed at any time.
Umpires: There are roving umpires present at all championship sites. Roving umpires may be positioned inside the fenced areas and will interfere with play as little as possible. Players should be encouraged to play tennis without the need for umpires to be present. In the case of disputed calls and upon the request of the player, a roving umpire may be requested to observe a portion of the match.
Practice Courts: There will be NO practice courts available! If you would like to rent a court, you may do so by calling the National Campus directly (407-675-2500) and reserving a court or by checking in at the Welcome Center front desk and reserving in person.
Court Surface: Clay
Coaching: No coaching allowed
Trainer: There will be a trainer on-site to assist with athletic injuries.
Awards: Winners and Finalists must report as directed for award distribution and team picture (with masks and social distancing) following their final match.
Connect with us: