All matches will start at 6pm, January 18th.
Pizza party and awards to follow in the players lounge.
All matches will be at Countryside Country Club.
3001 Countryside Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33761
Not a USTA member yet?
If the player is under 10, their first year is free! Click here
All players, regardless of age, are expected to already know how to score and the basic rules of tennis.
This is a NON-RANKING tournament, and is for entry level players with little to no tournament experience.
Coming from out of town? email LQ0776GM@laquinta.com for a discounted rate at the Clearwater Central La Quinta Inn, near the Clearwater outdoor mall and Spectrum Field, less than 10 minutes from the tournament site.
TIPS FOR PLAYERS
- Introduce yourself to your opponent.
- Call the balls & score out loud throughout the match. Your parents or other watching can’t help you with the score.
- Before serving, be sure that your opponent is ready to play.
- Be courteous. Talk quietly. Don’t walk across the back of another court to get a ball until the players finish the point.
- Keep a positive attitude in the game. Don’t stall, pout or complain. Never throw your racquet.
- No cell phones are allowed on the court.
- Have a good match!
- Don’t forget to report the score, give the balls back and find out your next match time.
TIPS FOR PARENTS
- Parents must not talk to players during the match.
- No player may receive any form of coaching by any person while the match is in progress. Coaching is allowed between the 2nd set and match tiebreak but the player cannot leave the court.
- No abusive behavior is permitted toward a tournament official or player by parents, relatives, coaches, or other persons associated with the player.
- Accept the players’ line calls, whether you believe they are correct or not. Clap for good shots on both sides and be particularly careful not to clap for mistakes (e.g. double faults).
- Parents should enjoy the company of other parents and support all players.
- Let your child play the match and have fun.
- Enjoy the match!
WHO CAN PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT?
This Entry Level event is a great introduction into the competitive pathway for new players, recreational players, and players who are ranked no higher than 400 on the latest USTA Florida Standing List.
- USTA Membership is required.
- Players play in their own age division.
- They cannot play up in an older division.
THIS IS A 1 DAY TOURNAMENT unless there is rain.
We will try to finish this tournament in 1 day.
10 & Under Youth Tennis Tournament Pathway
This entry level tournament is part of the Tournament Pathway for players 10 and Under in Florida. This event will count for participation and qualify you to play in a Level 7 tournament if you choose to do that.
FORMAT OF DRAWS
Draws will use a non-elimination format to give players the opportunity to play as much as possible. Draws may be round robin or compass depending on the number of participants.
AWARDS – 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place
REFUNDS – No refunds will be given after the entry deadline.
Although there is some seating near the courts, spectators may want to bring chairs for more comfortable viewing.
No cut off shirts or compression short/pants only are allowed per club rules, however they may be worn under shorts or skirts.
Player Selection Type
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.