The USTA Florida “Bobby Curtis” Junior State Championships is the most competitive USTA Section junior championships in the U.S., spawning the most players of any USTA Section to go on to the professional circuit and rank No. 1 in the world.
Tournament Director & Referee
Tournament Director: Jason Gilbert
Referee: Tracy Morgan
Check-in/Player Party/Coaches Panel
On Friday evening players will be able to check in early, enjoy some fun and socialize, and get great advice from some of the collegiate coahes from all over the country!
Click the buttons below for general tournament information below. Go directly to the updated draws and schedules using the individual division buttons below.
*ALL competing players must complete the USTA National Campus waiver form prior to the tournament
Finals Live Broadcast
USTA Florida plans to provide live broadcasts of the Boys and Girls 18s finals on June 12th. Viewers will be able to tune in to follow the action, live scoring, commentary, and more on the USTA Florida YouTube Channel or the USTA Florida Facebook page.
Seeding & Draw Size
This tournament is using UTR for SEEDING ONLY.
All Divisions – 64 Draw with Full Feed-in through the round of 16.
Format of Play
- 2 Best of 3 tiebreak sets with a mandatory 10-minute rest period between 2nd and 3rd set.
- Players can leave the court and coaching is allowed during this time.
- If the player leaves the court area during this period they must notify an official so they can be advised the current time and when to return.
- If a player returns to the court late from this rest period they are subject to a Game penalty.
- New balls are provided for the third set.
- 2 Best of 3 tiebreak sets with a 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
Format of Play is subject to change by the Referee if there is inclement weather or other unforeseen delays in play.
Court Surfaces by Division & Practice Courts
- Boy’s & Girl’s 12s & 14s, Girl’s 16s – CLAY
- Boy’s & Girl’s 18s, Boy’s 16s – HARD
Practice Courts will be available on site on a first come first serve basis during the tournament.
Players can record their time on the court by using the Playsight QR Codes located near the benches on each court. The QR code is designed for you to record and save your playing time to your personal account.
- Download the “Playsight” app on your mobile device.
- Allow all notifications and Select Team USA as your facility
- Open the Playsight app and click “Scan QR”
- Locate the PlaySight QR code near the benches on each court (be sure to look for the arrow indicating the court and its number) and scan the QR Code
- The QR code is designed for you to record and save your playing time to your personal account.
- Please don’t forget to stop the recording and press the “leave court” tab upon completion of you session.
Stop by the Innovation Lab in the Welcome Center for more information.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, May 26, 2019 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available
Players and their parents are required to be permanent residents of Florida in order to be eligible for this level tournament. Paperwork (as per the link) proving the parents and player are permanent residents must be RECEIVED in the USTA Florida office and APPROVED three weeks from the start date of the Level 3, 4, or 5 tournament. Players wishing to check their approval can check the Tentative Ranking list published approximately 16 days before the start of the tournament or check with the USTA Florida office: email@example.com
USTA Travel is the exclusive accommodations provider for the USTA National Campus.
We’ve made it easy for you to reserve rooms with great rates and in the best locations.
For any questions, please contact a member of the USTA Travel team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With Us