Sectional Regulations Team Eligibility 2.03A(5): The minimum number of team members required at a Sectional championship, who were on the final roster of their local league team at the conclusion of local league play, must be available and eligible to combine and compete. The minimum number of required team members in the Combo 50 & Over is six (6) for all NTRP levels. This requirement cannot be waived. Entry fees will not be refunded to teams that withdraw from any championship after the tournament schedule is first published.
Sectional Regulation: Player Eligibility 8.57: In the Combo Divisions, a player must have played on that same team in a least two (2) matches during its local league season. No defaults received during local league competition shall count for advancing. A retired match shall count for all players involved.
Team Entry Deadline: November 28, 2016
Entry fee provides:
- T-shirts for all participating players
- Awards for winner/finalist team participants
- Hospitality station providing refreshments for all registered players
- $30.00*/player for each level
- $33.00/player if paying by cash (exact cash required) or check at the team captain meeting and/or tournament desk.
Team List & Schedule
Click the NTRP Levels below for the Team lists & schedules on TennisLink
Team Captain Check-in & Meeting:
This is a mandatory meeting for Captains and/or a team representative.
- Place: Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd
- Date: Thursday December 8th, 2016
- Team Captain Check-in: 5:30pm to 6:30pm – NOTE: Completing the team on line registration does not exclude the captain from attending the team captain check-in. You will receive your team packet with line up cards, shirts and captain’s gift during this time.
- Team Captain Meeting: 6:30pm – 7:00pm
General & Match Play Information
Tournament Director: Gary Heatwole
Tournament Desk Phone: (386) 671-8907
*Operating during event only
Tournament Referee: Malcolm McGregor
Scoring: Section Reg 2.03C Scoring, Rest and Suspended Play. All matches played at the USTA Florida Sectional Championships shall be the best of two tiebreak sets with a set tiebreak (using the Coman tiebreak procedure) at 6-all. In the event of split sets, a match tiebreak (using the Coman tiebreak procedure) shall be played in lieu of a third set.
Umpires: There may be certified roving umpires present at all championship sites. Roving umpires may be positioned inside the fenced areas and will interfere with play as little as possible. Players are encouraged to play tennis without the need for umpires to be present for matches. In the case of disputed calls and upon the request of the player, a roving umpire may be requested to observe a portion of the match.
Practice Courts: Practice courts at Florida Tennis Center are only available on Thursday before the event and are NOT available at any time for participating players during the Sectional championship.
Court Surface: Soft
Coaching: No coaching allowed
Trainer: There will be a trainer on-site to assist with athletic injuries. They will have access to ice.
Awards: Awards are provided by USTA Florida. Winners and Finalist must report to the tournament desk for award distribution and team picture following their final match.
Get Updates: Connect with us: