There are leagues available for all ages and skill. We are here to help you get started and find a team today!
Getting started with USTA Florida Leagues is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Download the Player Guide Handbook – This comprehensive guide contains all of the information Florida players need to get started and compete in USTA Florida Leagues.
- Find a League. USTA Florida offers a variety of leagues throughout Florida. Use our Local League Coordinator Directory to find leagues that are forming in your area. Or click here Find Facilities where USTA Florida Leagues are played in your area
- Become a USTA Member. If you are not a USTA Member already, click the link above to join today!
- Self Rate. USTA Florida Leagues uses the NTRP rating program so teams and players will compete against others of equal levels. Players new to the USTA League Program must self-rate by clicking the link above and answering just a few short questions. (Already have a rating? Skip to step 3.)
USTA Florida Adult Men/Women, and Mixed Doubles leagues offer local league competition for a variety of ages and ratings while also providing the opportunity to advance to the next level of competition.
Adult Men & Women
Adult Leagues are for men and women 18 years of age or older, with Sectional Championship layers culminating in a chance to compete for a National Championship for most age brackets.
USTA Florida offers the following Adult Men & Women Leagues:
- Adult 18 & Over
- Adult 40 & Over
- Adult 55 & Over
- Adult 65 & Over*
Mixed Doubles Leagues are for men and women 18 years of age or older, with Sectional Championship layers for most age brackets culminating in a a chance to compete for a National Championship.
USTA Florida offers the following Mixed Leagues:
- Mixed 18 & Over
- Mixed 40 & Over
- Mixed 55 & Over*
*Does not advance to a National Championship but teams do have an opportunity to advance to an Invitational.
USTA Florida also offers other doubles league formats that provide for a Sectional Championship but do not advance to a National Championship.
Combo men and women doubles teams use the combined NTRP rating of each partner. Teams compete locally with the top teams advancing to the Sectional Championship.
USTA Florida offers the following Combo Leagues:
- Combo 18 & Over
- Combo 50 & Over
If you want to play with friends but are all at different NTRP levels or if you are having a hard time getting enough people together to form a team, Tri-Level is for you. Play doubles with your friends, while on a team consisting of 3 or more NTRP levels.
USTA Florida offers a Sectional Playoff each year for Tri-Level teams. Teams competing at the 3.5/4/0/4.5 level have an opportunity to advance to a Tri-Level Invitational Championship.
The USTA Florida League Championship Cup program began is 2016. The Cup is awarded to the county with the most league sectionals titles during the season. See the current standings below.
(standings through Dec. 11th, most recent winners in bold):
1. Broward County (8 titles) — 55&Over-M4.0/M4.5, 40&Over-W4.0/M4.0/M3.5, 18&Over-W4.0/W3.5, Combo 18&Over-W8.5
2. Duval County (7) — 65&Over-W6.0, 55&Over-W3.0/W4.0, 18&Over-M3.0/W2.5, X18&Over-7.0, Combo 18&Over-W5.5
3. Hillsborough County (6) — 65&Over-M8.0, 40&Over-W4.5+, 18&Over-W3.0/M5.0+, Combo 50&Over-M8.5, Combo 18&Over-M8.5
4T. Marion County (4) — 65&Over-M7.0, 55&Over-M3.0, Combo 50&Over-M6.5/M7.5
4T. Miami-Dade County (4) — 40&Over-W3.0/W4.5+, 18&Over-M4.0/M4.5
4T. Orange County (4) — 55&Over-W4.5, 40&Over-W3.5, 18&Over-W5.0+/M3.5
4T. Pinellas County (4) — X40&Over-8.0/9.0, x18&Over-9.0, Combo 18&Over-W9.5
8T. Leon County (3) — X40&Over-7.0, 40&Over-M4.0, Combo 18&Over-M5.5
8T. Seminole County (3) — 18&OverW4.5, Combo 18&Over-W6.5, Combo 18&Over-W7.5
10T. Collier County (2) — 65&Over-W8.0, 55&Over-W3.5
10T. Martin County (2) — 65&Over-W7.0, Combo 50&Over-W6.5
10T. St. Johns County (2) — Combo 50&Over-W8.5, Combo 18&Over-M6.5
13T. Alachua County (1) — X18&Over-6.0
13T. Brevard County (1) — X18&Over-10.0
13T. Clay County (1) — 55&Over-M3.5
13T. Escambia County (1) — Combo 50&Over-W7.5
13T. Okaloosa County (1) — X18&Over-6.0
13T. Polk County (1) — Combo 18&Over-M7.5
13T. Volusia County (1) — X40&Over-6.0
Note: County determined by location of team’s home club. Season-ending ties to be broken by teams’ 1st-4th place results at USTA League Nationals.
*Standings as of 12/11/2017
Section & National Championships
Each year the best recreational teams in the state face off in a celebration of tennis competition. New champions are crowned, new friendships are born, and (in most leagues) the winners move on to compete in the National Championships.
*NOTE: New this year, Sectional Championships will mostly be held Saturday thru Mondays. Please check the schedule for each Sectional Championship for the dates.
Hotel and reservation information for Florida Sectional tournaments will be included with the details of each tournament listing. Use the “Florida Section Schedule” button to go to the list of tournaments.
Captains are the backbone of USTA Florida leagues who work tirelessly to build local teams full of fun, friends and great competition.
Get access to the resources you need as a USTA Florida League Captain available to you at home or court-side.Access Captains Resources
Captain recognition is now a part of our ‘Volunteer of the Month ‘ recognition program. Use the “Nominate a Captain Today” to recognize your Captain and share the great job they do.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: Early Start Ratings
- Download the Player/Captain Guide
- Tennislink Help
- Appealing Your Rating
- Grievance Procedures
- Florida Championship Schedule
- National Championship Schedule
- USTA National Regulations
- USTA Florida Section Regulations
- Un-Officiated Matches Handbook
- Un-Officiated Matches Handbook (Spanish)
- Friend At Court
- Captain Of The Month
- Nominate a Captain Of The Month