Level 9 (ROGY) Tourn-Events
Level 9 (ROGY) tourn-events are a fun way for youth tennis players to gain experience on the court by playing competitive matches in a half-day “Tourn-Event”. Using the red, orange, green and yellow balls, kids can play in a no-pressure environment.
Play in a no-pressure environment
Level 9 (ROGY) uses a modified format of play and modified scoring. With this format, you can get more kids on the court and more kids into the game. Kids will enjoy learning and playing with equipment and courts sized right for them.
- Match Format: Non-elimination. Round Robin format that varies by age
- Event Time: 4 hours maximum
- Scoring Format:
- Red Ball – Multiple 7-point tiebreak games. Preferred 8-10 minute timed matches
- Orange Ball – One 4 game short set. First to 4 points wins the game. First to four games wins the set. Preferred 15-20 minute timed matches.
- Green Ball – One 4-game short set. First to 4 points First to 4 points wins the game. First to four games wins the set. Preferred 20-25 minute timed matches.
- Yellow Ball – One 6-game short set. First to 4 points First to 4 points wins the game. First to six games wins the set. Preferred 20-25 minute timed matches.
- Rules/Requirements: No ranking points awarded. Mandatory Court Monitors.
Parent's support and influence
Your influence can impact your child’s development as a tennis player as well as their personal development by learning important life lessons through tennis.
- Show your support
- Provide encouragement
- Teach respect